Polling: Would love your feedback

>> Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I'm at a crossroads in ministry, and I'm asking the Lord to help me put all the different pieces of my thought puzzle together. Many of my readers know that I shut down my devotional website (Lovinthearts.com & blog ministry (Selah ~ Pause. Ponder. Praise. ) for the summer. I've been taking time to enjoy my family and be still before the Lord.

I'm in a season of life which requires me to pick one area to on which to focus my writing time. So I either need to keep submitting to magazines, anthologies and working on a book of my own OR I need to continue writing devotionals online. After praying about it for months, I invited my ministry prayer team to pray along with me last month. Now I'm asking you, my readers & online friends to do the same.

Since God is continuing me in the ministry to speak, and a few more potential engagements are in my future, I wonder if the wisest thing isn't to put the devotional ministry aside for awhile? Then again, maybe it's the other writing and submissions that should be put on the backburner? hmmmmm.

If you feel led, why don't you share with me what you think? What would you like to see or hear from me?  Short practical articles on going deeper in the faith as it pertains to family, friendships, ministry and other daily life issues? or Short devotionals that cause you to ponder and pray about how to know Jesus better?  Or maybe it's something else altogether. ;)

I'd love to hear ANY feedback at all if the Lord leads you to speak it. Above all, I hope you'll pray for me to rest and wait until He shows me a clear direction. Thank you so much.

"Listen to advice and accept instruction, & in the end you will be wise." Proverbs 19:20

13 comments:

Laury June 15, 2010 at 11:44 AM  

Standing with you in prayer so you can hear God clearly. Cheering you on as you minister for God's glory, however He uses you.

Mari June 15, 2010 at 3:34 PM  

Love you LaLeepop. I will email you.

Yvonne Blake June 15, 2010 at 3:36 PM  

Lalee,
I understand your dilemma. I will be praying for you, too. I also suggest that you notice which writing is most on your mind... which one fills your "unfocused" times. I felt unsettled until I finished the rough draft of my missionary story. God kept putting it in my lap until I was done. God will show you what He wants you to write.
Love you, Vonnie

Julie Arduini June 15, 2010 at 6:06 PM  

I sense that the question God wants you to ask is like Max Lucado, what's your sweet spot? What's that one thing that if you could do it every day, all day and you would never tire of it, what would it be? What would be that one thing if someone asked what are you doing these days, your eyes would light up and off you would share....

You know I'll read whatever you write. You are anointed with His wisdom and grace and no matter what, I know that will continue because you are seeking Him.

I'm in a transition as well, exciting but that waiting on Him part is hard for me!

Love you!
Blessings,
Julie

clw June 16, 2010 at 4:01 AM  

I just discovered you and will miss you if you stop.
Cindy

LauraLee Shaw June 16, 2010 at 6:40 AM  

Hi Cindy,
Thank you so much for letting me know this. I want you to know that I would not stop writing on this blog, as this is my personal one where I write whatever God lays on my heart or what I'm going through in the ministry world, etc. I have another blog and another website where I write devotions and they are emailed out to hundreds of people, and it is that one I am praying about discontinuing or at the very least, putting on hold for awhile. Or maybe the Lord will lead me to combine the two or to change up how I'm distributing the communication. Still waiting for His perfect clarity on it. Thank you for coming by and taking the time to leave a comment.

LauraLee Shaw June 16, 2010 at 6:41 AM  

Laury, Mari, Vonnie & Julie,
Thanks also for your valuable feedback and advice, both publicly and privately. It means the world to me, and God is using it to give me direction.

Much love, my ministry sisters,
lalee

Anonymous,  June 16, 2010 at 9:02 AM  

Well, I don't know. So I will pray for you every night till I have an answer!

Unknown June 16, 2010 at 7:03 PM  

I very much agree with what Julie said, that Max Lucado said about your "sweet spot" AND I trust God to lead you without a doubt. Personally, I benefit most from your spiritual posts and scripture on your personal FB and writer's FB. Love you, and praying for you to have very clear discernment in these decisions.

Unknown June 16, 2010 at 7:03 PM  

I very much agree with what Julie said, that Max Lucado said about your "sweet spot" AND I trust God to lead you without a doubt. Personally, I benefit most from your spiritual posts and scripture on your personal FB and writer's FB. Love you, and praying for you to have very clear discernment in these decisions.

LauraLee Shaw June 17, 2010 at 7:30 PM  

Thanks everyone! God is using your words mightily!

Patty Wysong June 20, 2010 at 12:19 PM  

I'm praying, La, for clarity and peace and purpose. Love you!

Twinkle Mom @ Sunflower Faith June 20, 2010 at 7:35 PM  

Keeping you cover in prayers. It sounds like our Father maybe preparing you for going in a new direction...whichever it is that He blesses you with...You're loved and covered in prayer.

My thoughts is that it is always a blessing sharing thoughts that keep people focus on our Heavenly Father and at the same time, it helps keeps our hearts focused on Him too. Though truthfully, I've felt blessed by what our Father guides you to write for it has help keep me both encouraged and challenged...God bless you dear Sister!

Post a Comment

I'd love to know how you see it!

Blog Design by:

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP