A weight off my shoulders...

>> Friday, June 18, 2010

...and while I'm at it, I could use some off my neck, arms, thighs and buTToxxx as well.

I've been on a slow but purposeful path to allowing the Lord to fully have His way with me these past two years, and He's been gracious enough to deal with one mess at a time. Guess what issue is now?

Some of it is about weight, I'll be honest. I'm about 20 pounds too heavy for the frame God created for me. That means I'm more sluggish, my joints ache more than they should, and I don't have age to blame since I just turned forty a few months ago.

The main thing is that I want to feel light. I want to feel my best, and I want the peace that comes from knowing I'm doing what God wants me to do. On top of that, my hubby is longing for me to pay attention more to the way our family is eating and taking care of ourselves. He has so much stress at work and in other parts of his life, that I know he needs me to be the main one leading the charge in this area.

Okay, I'll say it one time. UGH. I'm hungry. I want a slice of the non-diet pizza and a big bowl of chips and salsa. ugggggghhhhh. That was ugh, twice. Oh well.

I'm done. Thanks for letting me get it off my chest. Isn't that what a blog is for?

I'd appreciate your prayers for me to be God-strong and -led toward this end. He's promised that if I open wide my mouth, He'll fill it, that if I'll hunger and thirst for righteousness, I'll be filled. He says He's given me everything I need for life and Godliness. Organization and discipline are my TWO weakest personal areas, so I know I'll be really stretched for awhile. Oh yeah, and I need to be stretching and exercising too. That's part of the taking care of myself thing.

I know He'll shoulder all of this for me...cuz He's good. He's God.

4 comments:

Terri Tiffany June 18, 2010 at 6:47 AM  

You can do this! I've finally gotten my husband working out and watching his food intake after years! So much healthier!!

Zoe June 18, 2010 at 9:13 AM  

Laura Lee, We are more alike than I knew. Weight and I have been frienemies my entire life. If you're up for it The Paleo Plan will work for you, but it's not for the faint of heart. Clean Eating will change your life. I've learned to modify some things to make it livable.
Happy to share recipes. I'm standing with you on this journey. It ain't easy, but you can achieve the success you are desire.

Joanne Sher June 18, 2010 at 10:06 AM  

You KNOW I'm praying, sweetie. You CAN do it, with God beside ya. Good girl.

LisaShaw June 21, 2010 at 9:19 AM  

I'm on the same journey STILL and I trust GOD while I do the hard work to cooperate with HIM on the care of my body so I'm praying with and for you darlin!

Post a Comment

I'd love to know how you see it!

Blog Design by:

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP