Therapy needed

>> Tuesday, April 6, 2010


I asked one of my kids (who shall remain nameless) to tell me what she did during her homework class today. She said, "I don't remember." 


I said, "How could you not remember, it was only a half hour ago?"


Her nose grew further as she explained that she couldn't help it because she has "short term memory loss." Amazing that she suddenly remembered she did nothing but a crossword puzzle after I told her I was going to have to call the memory loss doctor in the morning to have her brain examined.

She's relieved to receive the consequences for lying AND for not doing her homework over the trip to the brain doctor. 

Problem is, I may end up needing a therapist. :0

5 comments:

Unknown April 6, 2010 at 6:43 PM  

Wow, that sounds hauntingly familiar. I think I've had that conversation with the two teenagers in my house. Short term memory loss indeed!

Peter Stone April 6, 2010 at 7:25 PM  

Ah, kids and the excuses they come up with. Nothing like convenient memory loss. (Don't politicians all have that too?)

As for me, I've been to the brain doctor because I'm not lying when I say I've got short and long term memory loss...

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart April 7, 2010 at 4:02 AM  

Oh my friend. I can completely relate! Or they don't say anything but instead give you "the blank stare" LOL.
Love ya.
Kim

Anonymous,  April 9, 2010 at 9:24 AM  

I love the line in Crododile Dundee when they're talking about therapists and Paul Hogan's character asks, "Don't you have any chaps?" Sounds like you're a great mama who has some great chaps and you all encourage each other to make it through the days. I think that's the very best therapy.

Post a Comment

I'd love to know how you see it!

Blog Design by:

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP