Top Five Reasons I Post about Jesus on my Facebook Status

>> Monday, April 12, 2010

I'm often asked why I post about Jesus so often on my Facebook Status. Well...a bunch of reasons, but I've scribbled down the biggest ones, counting down:

#5
When I type it for all to see, it becomes even more real to me.

#4
He leads me to a verse or a thought about Him that I have to share. After all, it is GOOD news!

#3
Feedback: Every "Amen" encourages me...every question challenges me...every opposing view sends me back to the Word or to prayer...

#2
It keeps me humble. Almost every time I post about Jesus, I lose a "friend."

#1
The status box asks, "What's on your mind?" And well, Jesus is almost always on my mind. When He isn't on my mind, it's not really worth my time--our yours! ;)

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love & of self-discipline. So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord...by the power of God, who has saved us & called us to a holy life--not because of anything we have done but because of His own purpose & grace."
2 Timothy 1:7-9a




*** I'm also at the Internet Cafe tomorrow (Tuesday). Please stop by if you can... "Getting There"



13 comments:

amy April 12, 2010 at 9:15 PM  

I feel the exact same way! Thanks for being bold about your faith! It is appreciated by many :)

Rita Garcia April 12, 2010 at 9:29 PM  

Anne Graham Lotz, wrote a book," Just Give Me Jesus."
Laura, I share your love for Jesus, just give me Jesus, more and more of Jesus!!!!!!! Hugs, Rita

Peter Stone April 12, 2010 at 10:48 PM  

Good on you Laura for letting you're light shine in the darkness.

Great way of keeping Jesus foremost in your thoughts too :)

Janie Upchurch,  April 13, 2010 at 1:06 AM  

Thanks for not only sharing Jesus, but also for sharing your reasons as they may serve to make us bolder in being ambassadors for Christ.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart April 13, 2010 at 4:18 AM  

Isn't it sad that you would lose a friend over something like that.
I thought about that when I posted my latest giveaway, but you can't care. Jesus is who we are and if people don't like it then that's okay. Just the word Jesus offends people.
Just know that I love ya AND your FB status'.
Have a fabulous day my friend.

elaine @ peace for the journey April 13, 2010 at 5:50 PM  

Keep livin' your faith outloud! I've lost "friends" as well; so has Christ. He takes the offense every time.

Love you.

peace~elaine

Patty Wysong April 13, 2010 at 6:11 PM  

I love your Scripture updates, La. they encourage me!
Hugs!

Anonymous,  April 18, 2010 at 5:27 PM  

I love you and your article! Very creative, and inspirational. I love how you always post pure things on Facebook and I hope to get one soon!

Covnitkepr1 April 23, 2010 at 5:59 AM  

Sorry I don't facebook. I love your reasons though. If you lose a "friend" because of Jesus...think of your reward...and they weren't a friend to begin with.
Thanks for sharing. I'm your newest follower and I invite you to look over my blog and perhaps become one yourself

Bob West April 23, 2010 at 11:51 PM  

I enjoyed visiting your blog! Very inspiring
Hopefully you will appreciate mine also
God Bless, Bob West
http://westbob.blogspot.com/2010/04/line-upon-line.html

Linda April 26, 2010 at 4:53 AM  

What an encouraging and inspirational blog!
Have a great day!

sark123 May 14, 2010 at 1:22 PM  

I don't even have or want a face book but if I had one, I would post about God for the same exact reasons.
luv u!

sark123 May 14, 2010 at 1:22 PM  

I don't even have or want a face book but if I had one, I would post about God for the same exact reasons.
luv u!

Post a Comment

I'd love to know how you see it!

Blog Design by:

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP