Alive...and kicking

>> Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I'm pretty sure I have never gone this long without posting on my blog before...yes, I'm alive. Kicking some too. I'll get to the kicking part momentarily.

If you could see me now, I'm comfy in my writing chair, feet propped up, laptop on lap, coffee cup empty. I've spent some hours poring through my Bible, praying, seeking the Lord. I'm enjoying the calm after the storm. Nope, no major traumas. Everyone's healthy. Life is good. We are blessed.

But still, life's been storming by way of calendar. In the midst of a crazier than normal schedule, my vulnerabilities and weaknesses have been exposed to the nth degree. The only way I can explain it is to say that my emotions have been raw. My hubby and a few friends have seen some stinky behavior, lemme tell you. Not that the Lord hasn't done His good stuff in and through me, cuz He's God, and He has...but He hasn't done so without me kicking and screaming some.

My kicking and screaming hasn't been out of rebellion, more out of distress. You see, I had the ability to walk on water through the waves, but I took my eyes off of Jesus and began drowning in them instead. I've been sitting here wondering this morning why I didn't choose to wear my faith-colored goggles the past few weeks.

See why I haven't blogged? In the few moments I've had to write, I've felt like a crud monkey. And my pride does not want to admit when I feel like a crud monkey.

But it's never too late.

The Truth is, there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus, and because I belong to Him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed me from the control of sin (Romans 8).

The Truth is that if I confess my sins to other believers and ask for prayer, I will be healed, knowing that the prayers of others who are righteous are powerful and effective (James 5).

The Truth is that the Lord has already forgiven me because of His work on the cross. He has remembered my sin and lawless acts no more! (Hebrews 10:17-18)

The Truth is that I can approach the throne of grace with confidence, because I will ALWAYS find mercy and grace to help me in my time of need (Hebrews 4:16).

My friends, I pray that in sharing my past several weaks (pun intended) with you, the Lord will use it in some way for His glory. When the waves come--whatever their scope or scale--may our souls cease to kick and scream, finding our rest, our hope and our salvation in Christ alone.

"For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don't look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever." 2 Corinthians 4:17-18, NLT

9 comments:

Rob May 4, 2010 at 8:29 AM  

Amazing how when we focus on the TRUTH, that everything comes into perspective. Thanks for the reminder.

Rita Garcia May 4, 2010 at 8:39 AM  

When we feel ourselves sinking we can cry out, like Peter did, for Jesus, and we find ourselves in His comforting arms.

Thank you for your candor, I have been there so many times! Hugs, Rita

Mari May 4, 2010 at 10:58 AM  

Here's a great big soft quishy hug for my La-Lee-pop...cuz I'm a great bis soft squishy type of friend. :) Love ya!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart May 4, 2010 at 1:09 PM  

I don't want you to think that the only thing I got out of your post today was a giggle from the word crud monkey so I'm going to say something very serious right now.
Brace yourself.....Nope I got nothing...except we've all been where you are and no one is perfect.
You know we still love you and I'm just glad to hear from you.
Have a fabulous day and keep your eyes on Jesus my friend!
HUGS!
Kim

LauraLee Shaw May 4, 2010 at 1:55 PM  

Thanks for the encouragement, Rob and Rita.

Love your squishy hugs, Mari!

Kim, You always make me smile, and I love it! Thank you!

Anonymous,  May 4, 2010 at 7:14 PM  

Lovely, simply true, too! I l-o-v-e you mama! How did you get so good at writing?

starla May 5, 2010 at 2:23 PM  

So true...TRUTH is the bottom Line no matter what LIFE throws at us.
Great Post!!

sark123 May 12, 2010 at 6:16 PM  

Hey great job! I love the way you did the header too.

sark123 May 14, 2010 at 1:17 PM  

Well, I don't know what "vulnerabilities" means but I love that !!!
Luv u!

Post a Comment

I'd love to know how you see it!

Blog Design by:

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP