Tossin' the Cape...Again.

>> Friday, May 7, 2010



For those who've heard me speak, "the SuperCape" is a part of my testimony. It's dramatic, but it fits. I've tried to burn the thing, but somehow I'll find it back in my closet to try on again.

Well, I haven't been sporting it quite like the above picture, but I've been wearing it underneath my clothing lately. As I've prayed about it, the Holy Spirit's been reminding me of who I am in Christ when I lay down my cape (completely), staying clothed with Him alone.

"You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus was clearly portrayed as crucified. I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort? Have you suffered so much for nothing--if it really was for nothing? Does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you because you observe the law, or because you believe what you heard?"
Galatians 3:1-5

"I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."
Galatians 2:20

The day I received the gift of forgiveness for my sins from Jesus, I also asked Him to reign in me. He has given me everything I need for life and for godliness through the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit. I don't know why I sneak my cape back on sometimes, but I do know it isn't long before I crash and burn in my own super strength. I'm thankful I can always trust Him to lead me back on His road...the one where I am weak and He is strong...the one where I'm a fool and He is the Star...the one where I walk calmly instead of try to run or fly...ahhhhhh, I'm right where I wanna be...again.

5 comments:

Shelby May 10, 2010 at 6:58 AM  

This is a great reminder, LauraLee, as I'm a sneak-the-cape-on kind of girl sometimes too. Makes one wonder why we keep beating our heads against the same wall.

Dana May 10, 2010 at 7:08 AM  

I was reading through some of the Mom2MOm eval's this morning & 2 of them mentioned your talk about living in the Spirit as their favorite's of the whole year. You helped them to see what it really means to take off the cape & walk in step with the Spirit. One moms said, "I'm learning that I choose to put on the cape & I choose to take it off. When I take it off, that is when I experience victory!" WooHoo!

LauraLee Shaw May 10, 2010 at 8:21 AM  

Thank you for sharing that, Dana. You blessed my day. God is so good!

LauraLee Shaw May 10, 2010 at 8:22 AM  

Shelby, YUP! We must have some strong heads! :0

starla May 12, 2010 at 7:37 AM  

The super cape.....I needed that..may I lay down all that I am and rise in Him alone..

THANKS!!

Post a Comment

I'd love to know how you see it!

Blog Design by:

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP