Faith In Action

>> Friday, May 14, 2010

The Lord has stirred my "quiet" time lately with the book of Acts. Wowzer. It's not like I haven't read it many times before, but this time through, I'm sitting on the edge of my chair and biting my fingernails as I turn each page.

Acts is better than Law 'n Order, CSI or even Touched by An Angel. (Are you giggling)? It's got it all. Miracles, wonders, action, drama, greed, relationships, conflict, suspense. And especially, faith in action produced by Holy-Spirit filled living.

Want to know what it looks like to live by faith in the Son of God? Want to understand how to share the gospel of grace as you go through each day? Want a better understanding of the powerful, faithful, energetic working of the Holy Spirit in and through you?

Then read Acts. Read it out loud. Read it to your kids or nieces or nephews (or moms and dads if you're a kid). Study commentaries on the passages that don't make sense to you. Pray over each story and ask the Lord to teach you something that can help you at work, at home or in your relationships.

Acts is Faith in Action. Would love to hear your stories about what you learn as you read through it...so don't hesitate to come back to this post and share them.

8 comments:

Billy Coffey May 14, 2010 at 8:49 AM  

I love the book of Acts. You're right -- it has it all. And now I think I'll go and start reading it again...

Terri Tiffany May 14, 2010 at 1:07 PM  

Laura,
Your note on my blog really touched me that you were praying for me as I went to the conference. Thank you so much! I don't know if anything will come of it but I was encouraged but all the writers around me. And we all need that often! I love the look of your blog--the header is so cool!

sark123 May 14, 2010 at 1:07 PM  

Since you just read it, maybe I shouldn't read it to my parents. But it's always good to read it again. But just so you know, I've never read the whole Bible. I'm still in Genesis but I guess I can skip ahead, but I'd like it if I read it in order. But I will eventually get there. Luv u !!Q

Debra Kaye May 14, 2010 at 1:24 PM  

You are so right my friend...it's awesome!!! Love you!

Karen Hossink May 14, 2010 at 1:52 PM  

I just finished reading through the Bible last month - on a read-thru-in-a-year program. And I remember my time in Acts. It IS exciting.
Better than L & O, and all those others. Indeed!

Laura@OutnumberedMom May 16, 2010 at 9:36 PM  

Acts is a book of action, that's for sure. I remember teaching it to eighth graders once.

I just had to visit and comment on someone's blog who shared "Laura Lee."

Come see me sometime!

Anonymous,  May 17, 2010 at 6:49 PM  

That...was beautiful...*sniff*

You certainly have a way with words and you are so rite too! Although I have no stories, I still will come back and read this post many times in my moments of need.

Love you mama

elaine @ peace for the journey May 25, 2010 at 3:11 PM  

This past Sunday, we celebrated Pentecost at our church, my husband all donned in his flaming stoles. We sang Happy Birthday to the church and heard a powerful message from Acts. I think I'll spend some time there in coming weeks; I want to be stirred with the wind of God's Spirit.

peace~elaine

Post a Comment

I'd love to know how you see it!

Blog Design by:

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP