A Moment of Reflection

>> Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Lord, when I stop and reflect on the mercies You have given me...


I remember love, the kind that will never separate from me.
I remember grace, undeserved.
I remember the Holy Spirit, given to dwell inside of me, lead me, guide me.
I remember peace, supernatural.
I remember saving faith.
I remember patience, kindness, hope and comfort--imagine living life without these?
Glory and honor.
Forgiveness and reconciliation, thank You, God!
Righteousness and justification.
FREEDOM! (Can I hear an "Amen"?)
Eternal life and resurrection.
Sonship & Security.

I remember these mercies (and so many more), and I am overwhelmed. Do I even deserve one of them?



So what is my response, Lord?







Father God, thank You. Your mercies overwhelm me. I give myself to You this day--my soul, my mind, my body, my heart. I'm Yours, Lord. Take me and use me, or let me be still and hear Your voice. In You, I'll live and move and have my being. In You, I'll find my rest. It's in Your merciful name I pray, Amen.


3 comments:

Rita Garcia May 19, 2010 at 12:19 PM  

Beautiful thoughts! His mercy, His grace and His love! Thank you for sharing! Hugs, Rita

Debbie Petras May 19, 2010 at 4:39 PM  

Beautifully written Laura Lee!

How thankful I am that His mercies are new every morning. Praise His name!

Blessings,
Debbie

Anonymous,  May 20, 2010 at 11:41 AM  

"AMEN!" lol

This was beautiful. You are SO right too. God has given us so many blessings! Thank you for naming a few of the most important and thank you for reminding me that they were there!

Keep writing, the verse was gr8, and thank you again for blessing my day :P

Post a Comment

I'd love to know how you see it!

Blog Design by:

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP