Giving Away "31 Days of Praise"

>> Friday, May 28, 2010

Right alongside My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers, Thirty-One Days of Praise by Ruth Myers (with her husband Warren) is my favorite devotional book. I've read it dozens of times, and each time through, God does a sanctifying work in me.

I read Day 29 today, and it describes the prayer & praise of my heart right now:

"Thank You that Christ is my Life...that I am a member of His body and a dwelling place of His Spirit. How privileged I am to be indwelt by Your glorious presence (by the whole Trinity: Father, Son & Holy Spirit!) so that You can display Your excellence to those around me.

"Thank You for the day when I let go of the whole burden of my sins and rested on the atoning work of Christ--on the total payment He made for me on the cross...And thank You that today, in that same simple way, I can let go of the whole burden of my life and service...of my marriage, children, and all my relationships (past, present,& future), of my inadequacies and my self-dependence, and rest on Your presence working in me through the Holy Spirit. How good it is to transfer these burdens from my shoulders to Yours, and to rest on You to work in me and for me and through me! I praise You for the gracious way You infuse me with inner strength through Christ...and so I'm ready for anything You want me to do, and I'm equal to anything You allow to happen in my life.

"Thank You that I can give myself up to be led by You...that I can go forth praising and at rest, letting You manage me and my day...that I can joyfully depend on You throughout the day, expecting You to guide, to enlighten, to reprove, to teach, to use, and to do in me and with me what You desire...that I can count upon Your working in me and through me as a fact, totally apart from sight or feeling...that I can go forth praising and at rest, believing You and obeying You and ceasing from the burden of trying to manage myself without Your wisdom and power (adapted from Dr. John Hubbard).

"Thank You that I can throw the whole weight of my anxieties on You, for I am Your personal concern."

Scripture references (by paragraph)
1. Colossians 3:4; 1 Corinthians 12:13; 6:19; Ephesians 3:16-19; 1 Peter 2:9
2. Isaiah 53:6; Matthew 11:28-29; Psalm 55:22; 68:19; Hebrews 13:20-21; Philippians 4:13
3. Proverbs 3:5-6; Hebrews 13:20-21; Galatians 2:20
4. 1 Peter 5:7 (Phillips)
Would you like for me to send you a copy? If so, leave a comment below telling me which part of her praise talk touched you the most, and I'll draw a name a week from today (Friday, June 4th). I've no doubt it will deepen your relationship with the Lord and encourage you to praise Him through each circumstance.

6 comments:

Janis May 28, 2010 at 2:31 PM  

"transferring my burdens to you". I would not be able to handle all the situations that I have had in my life if each day and sometimes each moment of each day if I did not cry out to GOD to take the burden and guide me thru the current storm. Friends ask how do you do it...I reply I don't HE does.

Rita Garcia May 28, 2010 at 2:47 PM  

If day 29 is any indication, I would love to read this devotional! It is all about surrendering to Him! ~Rita

Karla Meachem May 28, 2010 at 9:03 PM  

"Thank You that Christ is my LIFE!"

"...that I can JOYfully DEPEND on You..."

Be STILL and know that I am God.
~Psalm 46:10



empowered_life (@) yahoo dot ca

Maria,  May 29, 2010 at 4:16 AM  

My favorite part was thanking him that I can throw the whole weight of my anxieties on Him because I am His personal concern. I needed that because the past two weeks have been challenging for me. The Lord had already told me this would be a busy season for me. I need to spend more time praising and less time complaining and questioning.

Patty Wysong May 29, 2010 at 9:39 AM  

Here's my fave: "Thank You that I can give myself up to be led by You..."

I do a crummy job of leading myself. His will and way for me is best, and I'm so glad I can give myself up to Him and rest in the knowledge that He'll lead if I let Him.

LauraLee Shaw June 7, 2010 at 9:50 AM  

Congrats, Rita! I drew your name! Just PM me your address, and I'll get it right out to you!

Post a Comment

I'd love to know how you see it!

Blog Design by:

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP